What a Beach!
Nestled along a pristine three-mile stretch of beach, Palmetto Dunes offers one of Hilton Head Island's most complete vacation experiences. The 2,000 acre community was recently named "The #1 Family Resort in the U.S. and Canada" by Leisure Travel.
A true golfer's mecca, Palmetto Dunes Resort is home to three of Hilton Head Island's top championship golf courses, each of which features a distinctive layout by a legendary course designer. The Robert Trent Jones Oceanfront Course, the Arthur Hills Course and the George Fazio Course have each been rated an outstanding four stars by Fodor's Golf Digest Places to Play. GOLF Magazine honored Palmetto Dunes as one of the nation's "Top 75 Resorts."
For those who prefer a tennis racquet to a golf club, Palmetto Dunes Resorts 23-court center serves as an excellent choice. Tennis Resorts Online ranked the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center #8 in the world. It ranked the junior program #3 in the country, and the center itself #2 in the world for "Best Instructional Programs and Events."
This family-friendly vacation destination features an 11-mile lagoon network that is perfect for kayaking, 25 miles of paved biking trails, fishing and more. Don't miss spectacular waterfront shopping and dining at Shelter Cove Habour and Marina, home to the Island's largest marina as well as some of the Lowcountry's best boutiques, restaurants, nature tours, crabbing, watersports, kayaking and fishing charters.
Awards and Recognitions
- Travel Leisure Family magazine named it the #1 Family Resort in the United States and Canada
- Forbes magazine ranked it among the Forbes Top 10 Luxury Family Resorts
- Golf for Women magazine placed Palmetto Dunes Resort among the top 25 Best Family Golf Resorts in the nation
- Fodor's Golf Digest bestowed no fewer than four starts on all three Palmetto Dunes courses
- S.C. Board of Directors of the National Golf Course Owners Association named the Robert Trent Jones Oceanfront Course the 2003 Golf Course of the Year
- Tennis Resorts Online considers the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center the 3rd Best Tennis Resort in the world
- Tennis Magazine ranks it among the 50 Greatest U.S. Tennis Resorts since 1975
Real Estate in Palmetto Dunes
Many gorgeous homes can be found throughout Palmetto Dunes with remarkable views of the Atlantic Ocean, the 11-mile long Palmetto Dunes lagoon system and golf courses. Many owners rent out their homes or villas on the short-term rental market.